•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Friday, September 12, 2008

Text Expanders in Action – Temporary Inputs

I was working on a particular type of file I end up having quite frequently today when I realized I'd forgotten several of my ShortKey entries for terms they were using over and over and over again. Luckily, as I posted about in Methods for Creating ShortKeys, I do have fairly regular methods that I use to create my inputs.

This particular time I was saved with a few of my favorites. I'd forgotten that I had added "mni" to expand to "my name is" the last time I had these files because of how frequently it's used. When you're dealing with 20 or more files, having to type that is not my idea of a good time.

Additionally, when I do have situations like this where I'm going to be transcribing something unique over and over and over again, I set up a temporary ShortKey for it. I tend to keep my temporary ShortKeys the same things and change them when I come across these situations. In this particular group of files I made one for an introduction. My input is always the same, "tyfc." What the ShortKey is changes based on the files I'm working on, but it usually looks something like this:

Thank you for calling Transcription Talk where we talk about everything relating to transcription. How may I help you today?

And I'm thankful for my temporary ShortKey 17 times today. It is the best feeling to be able to take a nine-second break at the beginning of each file to stretch my hands out.

5 Comments:

Way With Words said...

If you're looking for non-medical transcription, you can try applying at www.waywithwords.us - but high standards are required.

Abir said...

I was trying to write an essay about michael jackson but it doe not look so good in perspective of yours I got in here. go to site to see more about the writing tips.

Unknown said...

Text expandera are the main helping hand of a writer in recent time. check here you will get our service which help you to know about the original thing.

Unknown said...

Text expanders could let you help almost all the time when you use them.When you just get into investigate this site you will get help on the plagiarism side.

Christopher Blevins said...

Text message expanderas can enable you to aid practically on a regular basis by using these. Once you merely enter into look useful link into this web site you'll get aid around the plagiarism part.