•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Friday, August 8, 2008

Product Review: LG L227WTG 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor


About seven months ago I decided it was time to upgrade to a real monitor, a big monitor. I went big for a few reasons, one of them being how much space I'd have to put stuff on my screen and not having to flip back and forth between windows. After a lot of discussion and research I decided on a 22" widescreen LG monitor from Best Buy.

There are a few things about my monitor that I appreciate. The first is the 2ms response time. I have never noticed a delay caused by my monitor when I was typing, and this was a huge consideration for me. Delays are not good when transcribing, and I need my equipment to be able to keep up and not slow me down.

I've also found the brightness and contrast ration to be more than adequate, and watching videos and movies on my monitor is very easy on the eyes. Considering I spend a long time each day watching the screen, the comfort level was also a very important factor. I've never had a problem with dead pixels at this point, and my monitor runs probably 15 to 18 hours a day on average. I do use the energy saving feature to have it go into power saving mode when it has been idle for a longer period of time.

You can read what other people thought of the monitor here, and for the most part, people have had nothing but positive things to say. If you are in the market for a new monitor I'd highly suggest the larger size. I can have a full page of my Microsoft Word document open next to ES and still see over half of my browser screen, which is set to open at around a 12"x8" screen I've found that being able to open multiple search tabs and actually view them has helped when working on research-heavy files, and the extra room has also increased my productivity by saving time flipping between as many open program windows.

Amazon has the exact LG L227WTG 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor for sale, and they also have a few comparable models. Additionally, Best Buy often offers sales on monitors where you can save a significant amount. Best Buy Rewards is a wonderful program as well, and I've loved using my points and rewards towards the purchase of other computer-related items I need for work.



1 Comment:

Stephanie said...

You were the one who convinced me to get a bigger monitor. I got the 22" LCD widescreen Samsung T-220 monitor. I'm glad I listened to you!