•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Sunday, August 3, 2008

How Do You Deal With a Lack of Motivation – Poll Results


It appears that the majority of us grab caffeinated beverages and surf the internet when we're bored with work, which makes sense considering we're in front of the computer anyway. I did think of another thing I do when I'm having a hard time concentrating.

One thing I often do is open up a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet and make a list of things I need to get done or ideas I have for a project I'm working on. For example, when I was redecorating my kids' rooms in anticipation of the new baby I had an Excel sheet open where I added ideas for the two rooms as I thought of them. I found I thought about it less if I could just stick my ideas somewhere to come back to at a later time. Sometimes I'd also add pictures of color possibilities or objects I'd like to include in a folder for the project under My Pictures. When I went to finish the kids' rooms I had the idea page and the pictures to remind me of what I had in mind and make me feel semi-organized. I say semi-organized because it's hard when you're comparing yourself to a strong Type A like Mandi.

Enjoy your coffee and Diet Coke, and let me know if you find any good deals or noteworthy YouTube videos while you're browsing in case I find myself with a lack of motivation...

0 Comments: