•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Product Review – HP Pavilion dv6700

As I mentioned, my old laptop had to be replaced a couple of weeks ago because of an increasing number of problems, which I’m afraid are an indication of the hard drive going out, but we’ll see if getting everything off of it and reformatting it salvages it as a spare computer. Thankfully, I had ordered a new computer before the problems intensified to the point of not being able to work on it anymore, and so I was only left without a computer for a couple of days.

I settled on an HP Pavilion dv6700 with a few minor upgrades, and I have to say I absolutely love it. If you’re in the market for a new computer, I can wholeheartedly recommend this one. While I don’t think the technical specifics are anything spectacular, here are a few of my favorite features:

*The finish of the laptop is HP’s Imprint technology, which is actually a “high-gloss coating with a unique, inlaid design” rather than a painted surface. Although the glossy finish does mean that I am constantly cleaning fingerprints off, the finish will not wear off as it did on my Dell, and I’m hopeful that it will stay nicer looking for longer.

*Although I downgraded to a 15.4” widescreen from a 17” widescreen, the HP screen is a high-definition BrightView screen. It is amazingly clear and crisp and easy on the eyes.

*VISTA!!! I was so nervous about this upgrade, but I love Vista. I have not had any issues at all with it, and I love the desktop features. It’s so pretty. I’m still figuring out how the file organization and everything works, but so far I like what I see.

Anyone else have one of these? Do you have a computer that you love and would recommend to others?

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Mandi, I have the HP Pavilion dv6770se. I love the screen so much that when my desktop monitor went out, we replaced it with a 22" BrightView monitor. They are by far the best monitors I have ever stared at. :o)

Vista on the laptop has been working fine for me. Congrats on your new laptop!

Stephanie said...

We just bought a new desktop - the HP 8430f. Unfortunately, you can't get it anymore. I love, love, love this machine.
I, too, was scared of Vista, but so far not a single problem to report and I can't believe I waited so long because of my fear of Vista!