•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Danger of Spell Check!

Recently I made a stupid mistake in a transcript, and it reminded me of the danger of spell check if you're not giving it your complete attention.

The speaker said (and I typed): unremediated risk.

Spell check, however, did not like that word, and must have suggested I change it to premediated

Inadvertently, I hit "Change" instead of "Ignore," and I didn't realize it until I received feedback on the file.

This is another reason I encourage you to spell check before proofing your file because I'm sure that I would have noticed if I'd done it in that order.


0 Comments: