•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Danger of Spell Check!

Recently I made a stupid mistake in a transcript, and it reminded me of the danger of spell check if you're not giving it your complete attention.

The speaker said (and I typed): unremediated risk.

Spell check, however, did not like that word, and must have suggested I change it to premediated

Inadvertently, I hit "Change" instead of "Ignore," and I didn't realize it until I received feedback on the file.

This is another reason I encourage you to spell check before proofing your file because I'm sure that I would have noticed if I'd done it in that order.


8 Comments:

check it said...

Sometimes the spell checker becomes dangerous to use because it automatically change the wrong word. This is not dangerous at all but the proper replacing word matter a lot here. So good blog if we understand it.

Anonymous said...

I like the danger of spell check. Thank you so much for sharing this type of remarkable post with us. When you are writing then you have to be careful of misspelling. Here visit here http://www.cheapproofreading.net/about-our-cheap-proofreaders/ and get help of spelling.

unknown said...

We need to understand the use of different software and for this reason this blog is composed by the blogger to make understand this idea to open working this blog is a great idea. In this way much people would be engage and try to understand the ideas clearly for the betterment of our views.

Andrew B. Brandon said...

Thanks for sharing.

Andrew B. Brandon said...

This is really very great article about spelling check. There are many spelling checker software and tools in Internet. To make your transcript without spelling mistake you can use those tools. Thanks for sharing this informative post. Also check our cover letter writing services here http://www.resumeeditingservice.com/career-change-cover-letter-writing-help/

babyjumperguides said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Kee said...

Spelling mistake is one of the curse while you are writing some serious thing as this spelling mistake will cause your work dangerously in that moment http://www.resumeeditingservice.com/career-change-cover-letter-writing-help/ It's help me a lot on my thesis writing.

naveen said...

very nice post. pro ana tips and tricks