•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Text Expanders in Action – Multiline ShortKeys


Another one of the things I love about SKs is that you can create multiline text expanders. You could add a whole page worth of text, complete with paragraph spacing, or a text expander for some of those nonverbal notations we talked about before.

For example, let's say that I'm transcribing a presentation, and I need to notate applause on it's own line:

Blah, blah, blah

[Applause]

Blah, blah, blah


I can create a ShortKey that does it for me. So, for example, I might type appl and my ShortKey would like this:

:enter::enter:_[Applause]_:enter::enter:

(The : should really be <>, but they disappear if I type them that way!)

Now, when I type appl at the end of a line, it will add the hard returns before the [Applause] as well as after, and I can keep typing without missing a beat.



0 Comments: