•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grammar in Action – Commas

Before you read this, I should warn you that I changed the names to Lion King characters in this example. My file wasn't really about Lion King characters. I just wanted to clear that up in case there was any confusion.

He was ranked number three by Rafiki, who was the organization's founder, and Zazu, who was the organization's first secretary general, preceded Mustafah, who was assassinated by Scar and the hyenas in the '90s.

I really did transcribe someone who talked like this. Every. Single. Sentence. It was a long file, but being that it was for one of my favorite clients, I pushed through, taking extra special care with my comma placement. The rules for this particular example can be found in Part 2 of Mandi's series on commas.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

honestly I don't have writing knowledge much more that's why I am trying to follow Google and last I got your site. thanks god. but I got another one website : like yours. can you please visit it and suggest me which one is read more

Unknown said...

You need to improve your grammar so that there has no mistake when youa re going to write something in the english language. this site will give you some handy tips and guide to write your term and others academic papers.

tari said...

Any good sentence requires use of proper comma as it has importance in writing. This make simple and easier for reading as its important to use in longer sentence. This seen in site http://www.copychecker.org/ for good working.

Kesha Young said...

Instruction conjointly furnishes a person with individual prepping. His/Her demeanor winds up overstated once he/she have gets in connection with a few others and visit proofreading website for good info. It helps a person to imagine very surprising measurements of the dynamical world.