•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Text Expanders in Action

I'm transcribing earnings calls again for the first time in a year, and I am once again using my favorite, by far, ShortKeys. They make me smile every time I use them, which is often.

You see, ShortKeys has a feature that allows you to insert other commands in your expanders, so I have:

55 = :backspace:%

I type, for example, 15 55, and I get 15%. I love it!


And the other one is:

ce = $0

Which means I type, for example, ce.96, and I get $0.96.


I don't do well with the shift+number keys, so these both allow me to transcribe much more smoothly without losing my rhythm every time they mention a number!

0 Comments: