•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Text Expanders in Action

For those of you who use text expanders on a regular basis, I wonder if you’ve ever had an experience like this before. I recently transcribed a file in which the speaker mentioned dozens of different political figures he had worked with. As he would describe them, he repeatedly used “noble” and “noble man.” I debated throughout the entire file whether I should take the time to stop and add a ShortKey for those words, perhaps nbl or nb for noble and nblm or nbm for noble man. I did not, however, ever actually do it. When I got to the end, I decided to see how many times he had used the word/phrase in this two-hour file, and I was amazed to see that I had type “noble” 21 times and “noble man” 18 times. I sure wish I had taken the 15 seconds or less (I just had my husband time me as I added them) it would have taken to add these two text expanders!

6 Comments:

margilowry said...

Lately, I have been getting a series of files on the same subject, so I definitely add text expanders on a temporary basis.

For me, this especially holds true with people's names. I will add a person's name - DEFINITELY if it's difficult to spell - so that I don't have to retype it over and over again.

Whether I remember to delete it? THAT's another post. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Real use of words for good and require need makes some thing extra ordinary and get the require purpose. This new form of results works for good go ahead for better results. The source of things mention in homepage for better use.

Anonymous said...

In the event that any understudy take classes on the net, you're ready to decide whether you inquire about alongside for the time. Anybody can design his own acing around his diligent work or even societal arrangement. It will be exceptionally useful for understudies to helpful link and feel like a ruler in your class.

nooi said...

All of the topic is about the expanders in action. Enjoy your time with the grammer and spelling and find the new product in this field. You can explore more and can research for the new productivity in this section.

sophie said...

Isn't something technical? I was so busy actually and got to see this post now.I did not understand it but you guys view now for perfect reviews.Thank you so much for sharing this.

Linda said...

Its informative.My sister was looking for transcription related information and this is really the required detail.You guys can also see it here.Keep it up.Thank you so much.