•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Monday, June 23, 2008

Poll Results -- Which Text Expander Do You Primarily Use?



It appears that ShortKeys is far and away the most popular choice. For those of you using other text expander programs, are you satisfied with them? Is there a reason you chose the one you did? We'd love to hear your comments on what you do use and why.

As always, thank you for participating, and look for our new poll to be posted shortly!

1 Comment:

margilowry said...

My final choice (and you know I tried 'em all) was with Instant Text because of the flexibility and built-in goodies (automatic spacing is the first one that comes to mind).

The fact that I do not have to memorize anything (but you know, you eventually do) helped with my decision. I figure I'm doing this all day, every day, why not have the best?

You can save words and phrases - and since I "cut my teeth" on this sort of thing by using the built-in auto correct and then went to ShortKeys, I wanted the flexibility of word and phrase expansion.

Also, I love the fact that you can take already-created documents and have IT scan them for most-used words and phrases. It just doesn't get any easier than that.

The learning curve is a bit steep (and to be honest, I'm still in it) but I've trained myself to watch my IT screen more than Word while I'm typing and I think I'm getting better with it every day.