•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Name That Accent!

The other day I was working on a bear of a file. What sounded like it would be a piece of cake when I checked the audio last week turned out to be a pretty difficult accent.

As I was whining about the file to Shaina and Tara and trying to describe the accent, Shaina made a guess that the speaker was from Spain. I wasn't sure we would ever find out whether she was right or not, but about halfway through the 80 minute file, the speaker said, "And my family is still all back in Spain," or something to that effect.

Maybe I should stop here and just take all the credit for my amazing descriptive abilities, but really, I think it has more to do with Shaina's knowledge of accents. Either way, it was a fun distraction during an icky file.

0 Comments: