•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Friday, June 27, 2008

Sanity Savers During Stressful Times

Whether you work at home or in an office, the stresses of balancing work and personal life can be overwhelming at times. Being tired, malnourished or unprepared only contribute to feelings of not being able to handle everything that we face.

I know that for me personally, when I'm tired, I crave sugar. Eating sugar leaves me more tired and emotional, and I get stuck in a cycle that inevitably leads to a meltdown. On the other hand, eating a healthy balanced breakfast and lunch and drinking plenty of water during the day helps keep my energy up even when I'm sleep-deprived. Because of this, I'm able to complete my work faster as well.

This article from Lolita Carrico at Modern Mom includes five more Sanity Savers for busy working moms, but many of them are useful for anyone. They include preparing the night before, eating healthy snacks, one hand wonders, power naps and in-home spa treatments.

Above all, it's important to realize that sometimes you simply can't do it all. While some things on your task list may be urgent, others may be more important. Eliminating the unnecessary items and delaying those that can be delayed until a less stressful time is okay. No one can do everything!

Mind Tools offers many great articles and resources for time management as well as stress management (not to mention some of their other great resources). However, finding a system that works for you is an important part of dealing with the stresses of life, so if these tools don't appeal to you, keep looking for one that does!

Do you have any stress management tips or resources that help you maintain balance?


1 Comment:

margilowry said...

I totally pamper myself (when I get time) with froofy smell-good soaps, shampoos and perfume.

I know this is a shameless plug, but I know the owner of this place, her product is top-drawer and I trust her implicitly - also I've been a customer for around five years now and I highly recommend the Oatmeal, Milk and Honey bar.

Creekside Soap