•           Home
  • Getting Started
  • Working at Home
  • Productivity
  • Grammar & Spelling
  • Research
  • Text Expanders
  • Earnings Calls
  • Product Reviews
  • Podcasts
  • About

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One Reason I Love Wikipedia – Help for Research

I was reminded today why I love Wikipedia for research. I often do political files that deal with different countries and get quite in depth, and one of my favorite things to use Wikipedia for is to look up past politicians.

If you go to the individual country sites you can see the current politicians on the right side of the screen. If you click on a specific political office you'll get to a page that may contain a list of people who held that office in the past. If you don't see it right away, scroll down and there should be a link to it if it's not in the main article. For example, if you go to the Wiki page for Indonesia and click on the word "president" in the right column you find the list of former Indonesian presidents.

I've found this useful when researching historical events too. If I can link to the politician's name or find an article that mentions the topic it is usually linked to an article about the event I'm looking for.

0 Comments: